The Makings of an Adventure....

Coming to the close of the first month of 2018. So far the year isn't too bad. I know nothing is perfect but I'm hopeful about this new year. I decided for this new year to try and actually succeed in having more adventures. Last weekend I went on a hike with one of my friend's Cecily, and her best friend and a few other people. We went up to Tomales Point in Marin County, Inverness, Ca. I had to leave and be at Turlock by 5:30am to meet up with Cecily and ride with her to pick up her friend and then we went to Manteca to meet up with the others that were going. It took awhile but we left around 7:00am or so, got to the place around 9. It was an early morning and a bit cold and frosty but worth it and very beautiful. The place is above San Francisco a bit.
It was about 4 miles all the way to the end where there were these beautiful and high cliffs. We went on the Tennessee Valley Trail. We got high up and looked out at the ocean, there was a small patch of beach below us. We hiked back towards the beginning where there was a division point to go up farther and in a different direction, the Pirates Cove Trail. There were more bends and turns on this one, and each bend felt like it kept going up and up. It was definitely more a steep hike but worth it and felt really good to do. Towards the top there was a nice rounded area that stretched out a little to rest and eat some food and get some protein in us. Another beautiful view there, I'll have to add more photos to that spot later when I upload it from my camera, as my phone had died at that point. That was getting closer to around 11am or noon.

It was a great adventure to start off with for 2018. And Cecily and her best friend Vanessa decided to do the 52 hike challenge, one hike a weekend for a year. They've invited me to join them anytime on any of the hikes, so I intend to go on at least a few more. It really was beautiful and the cliffs and hillsides felt like they could easily have been in Lord of the Rings or something like that. And I did quote Bilbo Baggins from The Hobbit when I messaged Cecily at one point, "I'm going on an adventure!"

I don't know what this year will bring or have but I know this, it has to be better than the last few years. It was nice to be able to breathe on that hike and getting some new scenery. I have this feeling that this year will be better, I'm going to make sure of it anyway. Again, I know not perfect but it has to be better. It feels a bit better. I don't know.

But it's time I didn't keep to myself as much and put myself out there a bit more. Take on the initiative to do more and be more involved. I know that sounds vague but there's a few things to work on and learn to breathe more and find more moments to do so. Make the time to allow myself to do more and breathe more.

Hoping and praying for a better year and years ahead. Time to make better differences in my life. And be there more for others and again, just be more involved.

Also, can't wait for Tuesday morning to get the suture/stitches in my mouth removed. This past Tuesday morning I had my wisdom teeth removed. I didn't have the gas, just had it numbed really well, didn't feel it. But the healing is the worse part. It took awhile to get the bottom right one removed, had to drill and practically saw it in half and dig at it to get it removed. Yes, fun. Just been resting and sleeping through some of the pain. Watching Harry Potter, even right now. Almost completely up to date on Once Upon A Time also.

Well, this is all for now. I should be getting to sleep, a bit tired.
Bye for now

Chelsea

Comments

Popular Posts