I read the news today, oh boy...

Woke up to terrible news, the worst mass shooting in American history. My heart goes out to the victims, this is just heartbreaking. At least 59 killed and 500 injured, a country music festival. Jason Aldean was still finishing his last song when it happened. Another senseless tragedy, and I was texting one of my friends who was in Vegas back in June or July and stayed at that very hotel. It's crazy and scary to think about. It's sad because all the people there wanted to do was enjoy a concert, they just wanted to listen to some live music. It's horrific and emotional to watch the video of Jason Aldean singing and then all of a sudden you just hear gunshots start firing off. He keeps singing not really aware of what's going on, but then it gets worse and everyone begins to take notice. So many innocent people. What makes me sad and also upset, is that before giving more time to the victims or a day or two, people already started to make this political and start making the issue about gun control. Yes that is important and no one should be able to buy and own that many guns/weapons and no one other than military should be allowed to have assault weapons. I feel that was not appropriate to start bringing that all up yet and just give some more time to the victims and heroes that did what they could to help and save others.
To top it off, Tom Petty died at 66 years old from a heart attack. And on top of that, OJ Simpson got released from prison...

This world is getting crazier and more harmful, with itself and others. What is the world coming to? I try though to see the good and what's right, but sometimes it's hard with so much wrong. But I know there's good. It's all around as much, if not more than bad. It's nice to watch videos and see pictures of good people and humanitarians bringing kindness to the world. However I do not forget about the realities, all that glitters is not gold. "Things are rough all over" Cherry Valance (The Outsiders). Perhaps I should read that book again and watch the movie, classics.

I just feel so tired and emotionally drained. You know the feeling? Lately I've been having the song "What's Going On" by 4 Non Blondes stuck in my head. Pretty appropriate when thought about. I pray and hope for better days ahead and for myself and my mom to be able to be moved and out of this town. First of all by next week my mom needs to have a biopsy after an area of concern from a mammogram earlier September. That being said the day after or that same day, as the mammogram the doctors or whoever already knew she needed a biopsy yet we didn't find out until towards the end. There wasn't a call either, she got a letter in the mail with no signature...there's just too much going on. Life. I must keep it together. I have nothing to complain about, especially after all of these different people are suffering. Not to mention all of the victims from Hurricane Irma, Hurricane Harvey including the terrible earthquake in Mexico. It's just all too much.
Can life just go back to when I was younger? For some reason the song "Thinking of You" by Selena came into my mind, not mad I love that song and what a beautiful woman. sad how her life ended. The movie with Jennifer Lopez will always be great and emotional, especially at the end. I cry pretty much every time.

I finished reading "American Assassin" by Vince Flynn. great author. Yes I bought the book after watching the previews for the movie with Michael Keaton and Dylan O'Brien. I really want to see the movie, preferably still in theatres for this one. I was trying to make out why the character name Mitch Rapp sounded familiar. It turns out that I read the second in the Mitch Rapp series, which is called "The Third Option". That book year, some odd years ago, was what got me into reading thrillers, especially political thrillers. It peaked my interest, I was still in high school at the time, and it just opened up another world or perspective I had not yet really explored. It showed my a different side to things and opened up my mind to a genre of books that were different and more informative to what I had been reading up to that point.


Late at night when all the world is sleeping
I stay up and think of you
And I wish on a star
That somewhere you are thinking of me too
'Cause I'm dreaming of you tonight
'Til tomorrow, I'll be holding you tight
And there's nowhere in the world I'd rather be
Than here in my room dreaming about you and me
Wonder if you ever see me, and I
Wonder if you know I'm there
If you looked in my eyes
Would you see what's inside?
Would you even care?
I just want to hold you close
But so far, all I have are dreams of you
So I wait for the day, and the courage to say
How much I love you
(yes I do)
'Cause I'm dreaming of you tonight
'Til tomorrow, I'll be holding you tight
And there's nowhere in the world I'd rather be
Than here in my room dreaming about you and me
Corazon, I can't stop dreaming of you
No puedo dejar de pensar en ti
I can't stop dreaming
Como te nesesito
I can't stop dreaming of you
Mi amor como teextrano
Late at night when all the world is sleeping
I stay up and think of you
And I still can't believe
That you came up to me and said I love you
I love you too
Dreaming all tonight
Till tomorrow and for all of my life
And there's nowhere in the world I'd rather be
Than here in my room dreaming with you endlessly
Songwriters: FRANNE GOLDE, TOM SNOW


All in all, my heart is broken for all those suffering and the victims involved with Vegas and to all the fans and family and friends of Tom Petty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfK6ketuA0w


Because of reasons and just listened to the song on YouTube. Beautiful girl and spirit, incredibly sad.
Well I am tired and have been a bit sick and in bed this weekend. Took some sleeping nighttime medicine and it's kicking in.
Until the next type.
Chelsea













Comments

Popular Posts