Muggles, Shrews, and Empowerment

I won't make this post too long, as I'm very tired and about to go to bed. As of course I watch Harry Potter.
When I wake up I need to have my car towed to Sears Auto Center to have a new front, driver's side, wheel put on. Apparently as I went into the garage earlier to go run a couple errands and as I was pulling out of the garage, I rolled the windows down to get some fresh air and the breeze come through. As I rolled the windows down and pulled out of the garage I hear an odd sound. Sure enough as I put the car in park and got out, the front tire is flat. C'est parfait. Je ne comprends pas. It seemed fine when I went to the store last night and drove home. Life.

Anywho, other than that I am waiting for rehearsals to start at the end of the month for The Taming of the Shrew for the Shakespeare Fest. I got cast as Bianca, the favored daughter of Baptista and the sister of Katherina. I am excited and happy about it and funny enough as I went into the used bookstore to see if they had a copy or maybe an older copy of the play, the woman working there turned out to be the actress who will be playing Katherina, my sister. Seemed really nice and should be a lot of fun.
The Taming of the Shrew tends to be a controversial play and it's interesting to go through the points and discuss why. Particularly with Katherina and Petruchio. I think the best or at least one of the best adaptations of the play or modern adaptation is the movie 10 Things I Hate About You. I love that movie. It completely went over my head that the movie was loosely Taming of the Shrew and that She's The Man is ultimately 12th Night.
Perhaps I'll do another post talking about the play more and maybe include some discussion points or something regarding the play.

Another thing that happened on Facebook was a friend of mine made a post about how all the shows she's done she hasn't had dialogue with certain people. I commented on how I would have thought otherwise, she responded with how come we had never had dialogue outside of ensemble. The whole post, which she meant to be silly, turned into talk of having an all female and empowering play that we write or someone writes and have us all be in it. I just suggested how maybe she write a play where her and the ones she mentioned in the post, just have random dialogue. It turned into this empowering talk and I hope it really does go somewhere. We mentioned to the Rob the artistic director and he mentioned how we should all go talk to him and if we wanted to we could talk with Jenny who is the new director of the board. Someone mentioned how it would be great to have an all female cast, all female tech, female director...the possibilities would be great. We would really like to see something happen for the next season. Well more news on that later if need be. I don't care if we end up moving, I will make it work and come back to do that. What a great and cool opportunity.

Well, that's all for now, want to keep typing but I'm very tired.
Going to continue watching Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets as I fall asleep. It's sad to know that this was Richard Harris' last movie and that he passed away I think it was before the premiere of the movie. And to know that Maggie Smith was battling breast cancer very seriously while filming Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. I have so much respect for her and she's amazing, global treasure. Still going strong.

Okay, until the next type and until further notice, I am done with this post and bid thee good night. Bon nuit!
Any thoughts or discussions on The Taming of the Shrew, Harry Potter...whatever else, celebrities, Henry Cavill, the new trailer for Avengers Infinity War, Black Panther, etc...feel free to comment. Not that many read this haha, I usually see this as a personal random blog when I'm bored or just feel like typing. No matter, good night.

Chelsea

Comments

Popular Posts