How's It Going?....That's Good...Oh me, not much.....

Wow, it has been a long time since I've blogged anything...oh the shame.. What to say after all this time? How about a simple hello?? I just finished performing in the show Jesus Christ Superstar at Playhouse, so now I can say I've done an Andrew Lloyd Webber musical, I'm happy with how it turned out, the last performances, basically within 12 hours, we had a new Jesus..the other one I guess couldn't hang, couldn't be professional or respectful to the other actors..but you know what it worked out perfectly! I couldn't be prouder of the show, and am already working on a few song selections for auditions for Les Miserables, which from my understanding will be our opening show for the new season, so those will be around early September, the auditions. I'm thinking between "Once Upon A Dream" from the musical Jekyll and Hyde, and also "Someone Else's Story" from the musical Chess and "I Know Him So Well" also from Chess. I'm starting to really lean towards "I Know Him So Well"..what do you think?? I also got to be a part of Rocky Horror Picture Show, however I was not in it, but I got to be a part of the backstage crew, which I was just as happy with, thrilled to help in any way I could! I love everyone there and have much respect and love, and adoration for them all! I give props to Matt, who was Brad Majors, before one of the performances he came in so sick, was about to throw up, but still came in and performed like nobody's business, respect! That's professionalism! He was also the one to replace and truly be our Jesus for Jesus Christ Superstar, superb! Not to mention after the final show of JCS, we were about to do cast photos and as he's walking up one of the platforms to get to the top with some of the other actors, he starts to take off what I called a small jock strap (turns out it was a Mic belt, to attach the mic set to) and he started to slip it off, because he was wearing torn clothes (right after the final scene-the crucifixion scene) and I looked at him and said something like That's lovely, or That's Appropriate..he of course smiled and said yeah, laughed and threw it at me...thanks Matt!! Then he added how sweaty it was, ahhh...so I of course threw it back at him! I'm finally getting to a point where I'm more comfortable with my voice, knowing where I can go, trying to learn what I can and when I can. I like to use those around me as learning tools. To become a better person and to grow, as well as a performer. In many aspects really. And there is much for me to learn, for the rest of my life really! I am in a community college right now and will be transferring to a university in about 3 semesters, to work on getting a BA in Music and transfer with an AA with a focus in Music: Instrumental. Still have some more work to do today including an English essay/Logical Analysis & Composition Outline...two different topics. It's amazing how many people have dropped that class, it's an Engl 13/Phil 13 class. There were about 30 some odd students in the beginning and now there are about 16/18..after last Wednesday (because of course finishing Spring Break) after he dismissed the ones who didn't complete or do one of the assignments we were about to go over, there about 6 or 8 students left. Incredible! It is a night class 3 hours...fun! And i need to finish Criminal Justice Vocab to prepare for the test, and the Piano test, and of course Math. Intermediate Algebra. Again......fun! Over joyed! (not really especially for the math) But at least with the English I completely see the practicality of it, and am thankful for it. Just trying to learn what I can, since I have the blessing of being able to even go to college, to have an education, I want to take advantage of what I can! Especially when there are so many in this country and others who do not have that luxery, that privilege. So...I bid you all adieu! Here's a touch of beauty....and P.S. I cannot stop listening to Celtic Thunder Mythology!!! I feel as I have to go to the CT Mythology Tour this Fall!! Chelsea

Comments

Popular Posts